Incorrect threading when emails have incorrect time

Hi,

I have a contact in particular that has always the time set to +1 or +2 from normal, and I don’t know what’s up with their system. So when it is 12:00 for example and they send me a message, I will receive it with a time of 13:00 or 14:00!

In Mailspring, this results in threading being in an incorrect order, with my replies being often on top of the messages I have replied to.

I know that this is an edge case and that it’s not the end of the world (although it is annoying), but eM Client has been able to thread those crazy messages correctly. So my assumption is that Mailspring orders messages by date only, while eM Client also takes into account another method (perhaps some info in the header like a response-to or something?) to thread messages in the correct order. If this is the case, then perhaps the same method could be employed in Mailspring to cater for edge cases like this.

Seeing that @CodeMouse92 mentions that it could be a good idea to rethink about how threading works for Mailspring, I thought of bringing this to the team’s attention.

Thanks!