Infinite loading in spam/trash

Description

I want to clear the trash and move my spam to the trash but I can’t because of this bug.
I’m using the all accounts section and I have 6 connected accounts.

To Reproduce…

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to trash/spam inbox
  2. a yellow banner will appear above with infinite loading

Expected Behavior

the button inside the yellow banner should say: move to trash/delete

Screenshots

Setup

• OS and Version: arch Linux 5.14.6-zen1-1-zen
    • Installation Method: aur
  • Mailspring Version: 1.9.2 6e14dad1

Additional Context

I’m getting this error in the console once I open the trash/spam.

Where did you get your aur package? I don’t believe Mailspring make those available officially. If might be worth trying the snap package, if you have snap installed.

The aur package is based on the deb GitHub release and a PKGBUILD file for pacman to accept it.

My point is that, as it’s not an official build, there are various places where something might have gone a bit astray. The error looks, to me, like there’s a problem with the version of React being used - although citations of this error message I found on a swift search seem to come from a few years ago, so it’s a surprise to see it coming up now.

Certainly, I don’t see the error here when opening these folders. (Kubuntu 21.04, Mailspring 1.9.2 installed by deb.) Sorry I can’t be much help!

No problem.
Anyway, the app is working fine, this error shows when I move too many emails to trash or spam but once I reload the app it’s fine.
This is a bug report but it is for better UX.

Ah, so the operation completes OK but the UI locks up? Do you have any feel for how many is “too many”?

no, the UI is working fine, it’s showing what it is supposed to show which is “loading” because it is stuck at loading.
what I meant by improving UX is, when this happens, the user needs to reload the app and that’s a bad experience.