Move or Delete a Single Message in a Thread

It’s not possible to delete a single message from a thread, gmail has it, it would be nice to have the ability to delete a single message using the dropdown menu:

(Originally posted by 3v1n0 on GitHub.)

(Original issue had 27 upvotes.)

I often want to move to a specific folder one individual email from a thread. For that, in other mail clients, I select that one particular email from the thread and click on the move button.

In Mailspring, the “Move to folder” button (and “Apply labels” for Gmail accounts) moves/applies-labels-to the whole thread. UI tweaks should be done to let users move/apply-label-to one individual email.

(Originally posted by jpbaril on GitHub.)

Currently, all messages with the same subject will be merged in one thread. If I click to delete button, Mailspring will delete the whole thread.

If there is a separate delete, reply, forward… button in each message, it would be much easier.

(Originally posted by phamhung77 on GitHub.)

This is really useful in order to delete useless mail (for example support auto-replies) within threads.

This is an absolutely necessary and basic feature!

1 Like

Make sure you Vote for it at the top, then, to help raise its priority.

Is that true? This is the 6th most up-voted feature. Is there a way to find out what’s in progress or on the roadmap?

So I have started a branch to attempt adding this feature.

All I have done so far is add a delete button (at the message level), however, using messageIds doesn’t seem to apply the change.

Got to do some more rummaging but on my first pass I couldn’t see that the change is applied in Mailspring’s code - it seems like it may be a mailsync issue. Can anyone weigh in?

Branch: GitHub - glenn2223/Mailspring at handle-single-message

What works so far: deleting at message level when its thread has only 1 message

Status update

You can now drag a single message to a folder then, when mailsync is fixed, it will move the single message as requested

You can start to drag anywhere on the message when it’s collapsed. When the message contents are visible you can only initiate dragging when the participants is collapsed

Still desperate for someone with C++ knowledge to find out why passing message ids to mailsync isn’t working. I can’t figure it out!