No Subject and No Date Emails showing up at the bottom of the inbox [IMAP - Amazon WorkMail]

Description

Empty emails like these are showing up at the bottom of the inbox. There are no subjects, email body or date associated with them. They don’t show up when you check the IMAP inbox outside of MailSpring. They sometimes disappear after a while.

To Reproduce…

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Check your IMAP inbox on MailSpring
  2. Empty emails like these will show and then disappear on their own.

Expected Behavior

Only emails that exist should show up in the inbox.

Screenshots

Setup

• OS and Version: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
    • Installation Method: Installer
  • Mailspring Version: Version 1.9.1 (1.9.1)

Additional Context

N/A

Hmm - I’ve never seen this in my own copy of Mailspring. For reference, I have Mailspring connecting to accounts at GMail, Fastmail and Ionos. What mail server are you connected to? It may be something about the way MS communicates with that particular host (or, indeed, something the host is doing!).

1 Like

Could be. This is happening for the Amazon WorkMail server. More empty emails from the 1970s lol. Time travellers most probably.

1 Like

This issue is still persisting

1 Like

Should I delete these empty non-existent emails?

1 Like

Do you have webmail or other access to the inbox you could use to cross-reference?

2 Likes

Yup not showing up on WorkMail Web. Apparently these used to be an famed error back in the day for iOS as well: 'Ghost Emails' From 1969 and 1970 Receiving Renewed Attention - MacRumors

1 Like

So, from the sound of it, they’re a representation of a communication error or somesuch. Irritating. Have you gleaned any hints for getting rid of them from research on those threads?