Show unread count / badge in the Windows 10 dock

The unread email count badge does not seem to work in Windows 10 (turned on in Preferences > General > Notifications > Show badge on the app icon → “Show unread count”). Tried to change the preferences and quit/relaunch Mailspring multiple times to no result. Is this supposed to work in Windows 10? The default Mail app has working badge.

(Originally posted by ilmonteux on GitHub.)

(Original post had 4 upvotes.)

Hey! That option is actually just for macOS, but I’ll see if we can make this work on Windows 10. We might need to see if we can get support added to Electron.

(Originally posted by bengotow on GitHub.)

Another windows 10 user here, this option would be amazing.

Looks like the unread count badge is now displayed on the taskbar icon (for me on Windows 11 at least) with the recent update, which is great, but I actually have the opposite request: is there any way for me to turn it off? It’s kinda useless for me since it always shows 99+ with my inbox being the way it is, but I don’t want to disable it system-wide since I do like badges for other apps.

I have the same issue on linux. I installed libunity and desktop was already called “Mailspring.desktop” since it was installed from Arch+kde (not deb). I get badges for all the other apps except for mailspring. Am i missing something?

I really love mailspring and I definitely think it is the best email client but not getting counter badge on icon is a huge showstopper. This needs to be fixed ASAP. If there’s any way to fix this, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.