Unwritable content field on composer when switching to account with no signature

Description

When composing a new message, switching accounts makes the “Content” field Unwritable. If I write something in it before the switch, the bug doesn’t occur - Only when the first thing I do is switching accounts.

Setup

• OS and Version: Mac OS Catalina
  • Mailspring Version: 1.7.0

(Originally posted by AdamGold on GitHub.)

Hey thanks for filing this! I tried to reproduce this but I actually couldn’t get it to happen. There’s a small chance that this is actually related to the sync workers crashing in #1660, let’s fix that and see if it’s still reproducible. Also curious whether this has anything to do with having a signature enabled / disabled.

(Originally posted by bengotow on GitHub.)

Also curious whether this has anything to do with having a signature enabled / disabled.

Interesting thought - I enabled the signature for the 2nd account (after only the other one had a signature), and everything works flawlessly.

(Originally posted by AdamGold on GitHub.)

I tested, and can confirm the following reproduction steps (Mailspring 1.8.0, Ubuntu 20.04):

1. Make sure you have at least one account without a default signature. (Disable the default signature from an account if you must.)
  2. Create a new email in the composer from an account with a default signature. The composer area must be empty for the bug to occur.
  3. Switch the From field to the account without a default signature.
  4. Notice that you can no longer type in the composer.
  5. Switch the From to an account with a default signature.
  6. The composer works again.
  7. If you type in the composer and switch to the account without the default signature, it works fine. However, if you clear the composer and switch to the account without the default signature, you cannot type.

Additionally, starting a new email from the account without the signature works. You can even switch between accounts without signatures, and they still work. However, switching from without → with → without (on blank draft) locks the composer again.

Describe the bug
After editing my signature from a newly created email body, I cannot edit the email (it looks like the editable block is getting deleted with the signature).

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a new message with signature:
  2. Delete the first line of the message:
  3. Now, press the cross icon to delete the signature:

Expected behavior
Empty message should be left with a place for the cursor, like this:

Actual behavior
No cursor, I cannot enter any message text:

Setup: (please complete the following information):

• OS Version: 1903
  • Mailspring Version: 1.7.4

(Originally posted by ForNeVeR on GitHub.)

Description

Impossible to enter some text in the body after changing “From” email account.

To Reproduce…

1. Got to Mailspring software.
  2. Click on “Compose new message” icon.
  3. Switch from default “From” email to another account.
  4. Error : impossible to enter some text in the body.

Expected Behavior

Being able to enter text in the body field.

Setup

• OS and Version: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid
    • Installation Method: Flatpak
  • Mailspring Version: 1.10.7