Can't add gmail account - This app is blocked

I don’t think people can use mailspring for professional use. It’s more than a month that i’m waiting for google issue to be solved.
This is a demonstration of what happens with opensource. I know everyone have multiple things to do but … how a product can be offline or without using one of the most used account of the world more than 2 months?
You could make the difference because Thunderbird, Evolution, Geary have so bad panels for mails and looking that you outclass them… you could …

HI,
I tried your instructions but unfortunately I have a problem sending the email.
I have enabled two-step verification, enabled the user-specific password and configured Mailspring for Gmail using IMAP and SMTP but despite everything working fine and I can download the mail, and despite receiving the email from Mailspring that SMTP has been configured correctly, when I try to send an email, I receive the message that the username and password are not validated.
Are there any solutions?

This worked for me, thank you for the tip!

@bengotow Any updates on Google OAuth code scanning and review? Another thread popped up of people not aware of your posts in this thread:
Google authentication issue - Help - Mailspring Community (getmailspring.com)

Update: I completely missed your previous post! Thanks for the update.

Hi there - we’ve been working with Google to restore Mailspring’s access to the Gmail APIs and it was (finally) restored yesterday! If you go through the “Add Account” flow again, you’ll be able to link your Gmail account properly.

I apologize for the delay - this took longer than I expected to get resolved. You can read a bit more information about this here: [Resolved] Gmail "This App is Blocked