Can't connect a gmail adress - Security Problem

Hello,

I am currently trying to link my gmail account to my mailspring app. However, when I am signing in with my Google account in my browser, I am redirected to an error page.

On this page, there is a warning sign and the following text (traducted) :
This application is blocked
This application has attempted to access sensitive information in your Google Account. Google has blocked this access to protect your account.

I tried to connect via IMAP/SMTP, but it didn’t work either.
I don’t know what to do. Do I need to change security parameters in the application? Or does the problem involve MailSpring and Google teams?

Try a way around as detailed:
works perfectly with https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords
need to activate 2 factor verification before you generate app passwords

1 Like

sorry, Im confused about this…Ive added a mailspring app password but how do i then set up the email account, gmail pop up still says blocked, do you set up as IMAP?

It says that that setting is unavailable for my account.

Also, on an unrelated note, all of a sudden mailspring is not listed under the “Default app” choices for email on my Windows, and that’s a problem because it’s not being used as the default for some reason. I don’t know what caused it.

Hi there - we’ve been working with Google to resolve this issue and it was fixed yesterday, so you’ll be able to add your Gmail account again. Sorry for the hassle! You can read a bit more information about this here: [Resolved] Gmail "This App is Blocked