Error with the local database during update

Hi again
It appears that renaming Update.exe to Update.exe.old in your %LocalAppData/Mailspring directory will both not have any issue on Mailspring and will avoid the app to update itself everytime!
So please, rename the following file.

When the developers of Mailspring will push a fix for the application, I suggest you to rename this file back to it’s original name, to let the application update normally.

Hope this wil help you again! :smiley:

1 Like

There is a fix available on github from a member who’s recompiled the broken libraries

be nicer if this was more official and came from the devs but you know

Hi again,
Thank you for your reply :slight_smile:
Unfortunately renaming the file from Update.exe to Update.exe.old in the%LocalAppData/Mailspring directory didn’t do the trick :upside_down_face:

I hope the developers come up with fix in the near future, for now it seems I’m stuck with uninstalling and reinstalling Mailspring everytimes I restart the computer :woman_shrugging:t4:

At least everythings is there how I left it once it’s reinstalled so it’s just a 10 min things I have to do. Unless there is othe option?

In any case @Predeactor thank you for all your help!

Hi,
The developers have made the fix you’re talking about. You can get it at https://getmailspring.com :slight_smile: