Login to Office no longer working

After installing the latest update, i receive the following error:

This occurs when i try to login with my office 365 company account.

immagine

Error: ErrorNamespace (IMAP)
at ChildProcess. (file:///home/eifram/app/Mailspring/app/src/mailsync-process.ts:228:27)
at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:390:28)
at ChildProcess.emit (node:domain:475:12)
at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1064:16)
at Socket. (node:internal/child_process:450:11)
at Socket.emit (node:events:390:28)
at Socket.emit (node:domain:475:12)
at Pipe. (node:net:687:12)

This is the error and the error stack returned in dev mode.
Error: ErrorNamespace (IMAP)

‘connect mailcore::IMAPSession:0x7ffdb0791810\r\n’ +
‘* OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [token]\r\n’ +
‘ssl connect outlook.office365.com 993 2\r\n’ +
‘OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.1.0f 25 May 2017\r\n’ +
‘1 CAPABILITY\r\n’ +
‘* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 SASL-IR UIDPLUS ID UNSELECT CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+\r\n’ +
‘1 OK CAPABILITY completed.\r\n’ +
‘connect ok\r\n’ +
‘login\r\n’ +
’ ‘2 AUTHENTICATE XOAUTH2 mytoken’ +
‘2 OK AUTHENTICATE completed.\r\n’ +
‘3 CAPABILITY\r\n’ +
‘* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 SASL-IR UIDPLUS MOVE ID UNSELECT CLIENTACCESSRULES CLIENTNETWORKPRESENCELOCATION BACKENDAUTHENTICATE CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+\r\n’ +
‘3 OK CAPABILITY completed.\r\n’ +
‘4 NAMESPACE\r\n’ +
‘4 BAD User is authenticated but not connected.\r\n’ +
‘fetch namespace failed\r\n’
} { pluginIds: }

@faan11 Did this happen with previous versions as well? When does this happen? On registration of a new O365 account or when pulling e-mails? Can you try it with a different O365 e-mail address if it has the same problem?

as far as i remember, previously i had the OAuth code error issue.
Now the error changes but the error still occurs at the end of the 0Auth process (which occurs after pressing the “Office 365” button )
Today i also created a new outlook account ( you can do that as well ) and i got another issue. The error still occurs at the end of the 0Auth process.

Are these error related to these issue? Enable or disable SMTP AUTH in Exchange Online | Microsoft Docs

Updated today to latest mailspring and was able to sign in to office365 again

1 Like

@faan11 In this case, you may not have a real “Office 365” account, but rather an Outlook.com account. Please try to add this account using the Outlook.com / Hotmail option.

For more information on why this happens, see: Login to Office no longer working - #39 by F1nny

Ok makes sense. I’m too lazy to try.
Applications such as Thunderbird or Kmail use Exchange Web Services (EWS) to connect with Microsoft accounts.
The integration of EWS can solve these issues and also remove the difference between outlook.com and office 365.
This library can be used as a backend https://github.com/gautamsi/ews-javascript-api . It seems well maintained.
Let us know if this is feasible without complicated changes in the source code.

Hi,
Thanks for the Springmail community. In my case with the latest version I could simply login-to-office 365-and it-is working properly.
If any one has problem he could check entering his office 365 in another PC to be sure the problem is related to his OS or not.
Good luck.