macOS downloads broken

1.) clicking on the download “Mac OS X (Intel)” does download a Apple Silicon / ARM version that cannot actually be run on Intel Macs

2.) clicking on the download “Mac OS X (Apple Silicon)” leads to a “Not Found” error instead of downloading anything

This is because the Apple Silicon version was not build in the latest release.

You can still download version 1.13.3

i do know how to download from GitHub, it doesn’t change the fact that the prominent download links on the homepage are just broken

1 Like

I agree, there’s a broken UI/UX problem in both app and website.
are you going to build the 1.14.0 version for Mac? if not, can I ask why? thank you :pray:

Thank you for the 1.13.3 tip, but this doesn’t seem true… the latest release (1.14.0) in GitHub has Mac apps that were uploaded 5 days ago. I download it, get the error “‘Mailspring’ is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.” I’m not sure what you mean by it wasn’t built.

And yeah, I agree with @core-code – it’s really not a good look for the website’s main downloads to not function at all. The Apple Silicon link takes me to this page, an all black screen that says “Not Found.” and the Intel link just produces another broken application download that gives the same error.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by it wasn’t built.

he means the Intel version does not exist, only the ARM/AppleSilicon version

Not true? :slightly_smiling_face:

The latest version only has 8 assets, but usually has 9. This is because the Apple Silicon has not been built.

Build means to generate the app from the code.

You should wait until the developer restarts the build process, in the meantime you can use version 1.13.3.

1 Like

from the Mac (ARM) app menu:

The version for Mac with ARM processor does not already exist compiled, I tried to generate it from the source but unfortunately it gives me an error saying that the git repository cannot be found.
However, I tried using the Intel version and it seems to work although I have to tell the truth it works with Rosetta.
For those who have problems getting the Intel version to work, because they receive the message: “Mailspring’ is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.” a problem related to the fact that the operating system does not recognize the app as valid.
There is a way to work around this problem, just run this command:

sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Mailspring.app

and the problem is solved.

1 Like

Already fixed.