New email notification not working in v1.10.1 on Windows 10

New email notification not working 10.
I have checked Notification & action section in windows 10 settings and Mailspring is not registered there.
OS details are given below:
OS Edition: Windows 10 Pro
OS Version: 21H2
OS Build: 19044.1586

It is really annoying. After fixing the opening bug on Windows, now the notification doesn’t work.

This bug is reproducible, +1!
In my opinion, need to be fixed ASAP!

Same here. :confused:
New e-mail notification is not working.

+1 and also on Windows 11.

3 Likes

Thanks for the bug report and I am sorry for the regression bug in the latest version. Unfortunately, a development setup on Windows is much more difficult to setup than on Linux or Mac. When I did some big changes updating the Electron base of Mailspring to a newer version, I was not able to test the functionality completely on Windows and this went unnoticed.

I will try to resolve this issue. However, the last time I tried to get my Dev environment working on windows, I spent two days on it and was unsuccessful. So I ask for some patience on this issue.

Best regards,
Phylu

1 Like

Hi…

I have WIndows 7 x64.

I using Mailspring 1.10.1 and i notice some problem. I have no sound and no notification when i receive e-mail.
in the previous version 1.9.2 don’t have that problem.

It would be nice if you fix this problem. Cheers :slight_smile:

Good news: I got my development environment running on windows and now have an error message that I can work with. So I hope to be able to resolve this soon.

GitHub Issue: Notification not working on Windows · Issue #2386 · Foundry376/Mailspring (github.com)

1 Like

I resolved the issue here: https://github.com/Foundry376/Mailspring/pull/2387

It should be fixed with the next release. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have just updated to version 1.10.3-a476c230 and the problem remains. This is worrying as I rely on this service and pay for this service. It seems I am paying for a srvice that no longer works. Not very impressed.

Peter

This morning I awoke to read notifiacions for test email I sent and opend 6 hours before the read notifiacation arrived at my mailspring account. Can anyone explain what is happening?
Thanks
Peter