[Resolved] Gmail "This App is Blocked

same issue here! any progress?

Same problem here, please fix!

@bengotow mentioned that heā€™s working on resolving that issue with Gmail OAuth: Outlook OAuth2 login needed urgently! Password functionality is ending - #19 by bengotow

2 Likes

This issue is a huge headache for us :disappointed:

Iā€™m trying to add Gmail to Mailspring for the first time. I got ā€œThis app is blockedā€ when I tried setting up with the gmail button. I then tried IMAP and got this:

This looks like a Gmail account! While itā€™s possible to setup an App Password and connect to Gmail via IMAP, Mailspring also supports Google OAuth. Go back and select ā€œGmail & Google Appsā€ from the provider screen.

So does Mailspring support Google OAuth or not?

Iā€™m on an Intel Mac 13.7, running Mailspring 1.14.0.

it happens for me too, i canā€™t use mailspring

Just adding me as another impacted user!! please, fix it! let`s vote for this issue!

2 Likes

Hi,
I was trying to connect my contacts from google, not importing my gmail. In any case, the 2 factors auth and appassword did not work for me. Waiting for this issue being solvedā€¦

FYI I got around this by getting my GSuite admin to add Mailspring as a configured app and it started working again. I know itā€™s not a universal or particularly convenient work-around, but it does seem to work

1 Like

Looks like @bengotow Is making some progress. Hopefully its resolved soon-ishā€¦

I think the issue is fixed
I could connect my gmail again in mailspring

1 Like

Yes @ariaieboy, I can confirm that the security audit that @bengotow mentioned a few weeks back is done. Iā€™m able to add a (normal not force approved though GSuite/Google Workspace) account. :tada: :confetti_ball:

Hey folks! As @compuguy mentioned, the audit has been completed and we got a notification yesterday that our Gmail access has been approved. Thank you all for your patience, it took longer than I expected to get this resolved and I know access to your email accounts isā€¦ sort of the whole point of Mailspring.

Iā€™m hoping Google keeps this process in the years to come, and itā€™ll be easier for us to comply now that weā€™ve jumped through the updated hoops. I saw in the news that Transmit is dropping Google Drive because of these changing annual security reviews, but we donā€™t really have the option to do that given Gmailā€™s popularity.

Thank you all!

2 Likes

Congratulations,
However, when I tick only the contacts sync box, I end up with a message saying it failed to connect - Check your user name and password. (IMAP). ā€œErreur dā€™authentification - VĆ©rifiez votre nom dā€™utilisateur et votre mot de passe. (IMAP)ā€
What do I need to do from here to sync my contacts from my Gmail acount?

Congratulations and thank you for the hard work! Honestly, this, in my opinion, is the only email client worth paying for. Canā€™t wait to have calendar support (and hopefully an Android app (somedayā€¦)) in the future.