Disable/Selective Unified Inbox

Some users don’t like the Unified Inbox, and would like to disable it entirely. Other users would like to be able to exclude some accounts from Unified Inbox.

This might be a nice addition to Mailspring, but more likely it is a good candidate as a plugin.

(The original request has 16 upvotes and 4 hearts on GitHub.)

I like the unified inbox, but I wish that Ctrl+{number} wouldn’t switch to the selected inbox (and thus remove all other inboxes from the sidebar), but to the subelement of the unified inbox (as if I would click on it).

1 Like

There is also a request for being able to have multiple Unified Inboxes for different purposes. That seems pretty closely related to this.

Here’s some other duplicate and related issues:

I’m sorry to say but I’m really annoyed by the unified inbox system of mailspring. I love the way mailbird does it. If I’m looking for mail in different folders I work per account, but in mailspring you have to open your account for every category (inbox, unread, starred, …) I would love a way to disable unified inbox.

+1 for the ability to deactivate the unified inbox.
I have personal and different work inboxes and I don’t want to be confused between them.
I like the way Windows Mail keeps it separate.
Do you think a plugin could be developed to do so ? I haven’t looked yet on how to develop plugins for Mailspring but if this achievable by developing a plugin I might consider giving it a try.

To be honest, this feature already exists, it is in the Window menu, there are options for All Accounts and one for each email added to the client (the shortcut is at CTRL + 1, 2, and so on). It is only necessary to add a left pannel with these accounts, it will be better, to be honest, I don’t know how nobody did that in 2 years…