Is it necessary to set permission manually 4755 at /usr/share/mailspring/chrome-sandbox?

If i don’t set this permission i can’t open the mailspring. But, if i write “mailspring --no-sandbox” manually at terminal, the mailspring open.

Error message:

$ mailspring
[13667:0418/003557.134676:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(157)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I'm aborting now. You need to make sure that /usr/share/mailspring/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.
Trace/breakpoint trap
  • OS and Version: Debian 10.9
  • Installation Method: .deb
  • Mailspring Version: 1.9.0 and 1.9.1

Run chmod 4755 /usr/share/mailspring/chrome-sandbox as sudo to fix

Hello, Spl0itable! :slight_smile:

Well, I ran this command before making this post and it is working. But the question is: Is it necessary to set this permission?
For informational purposes only: The previous version (1.8.0) did not need to set this permission, and at the time the application was called it ran (via GUI) with a “–no-sandbox”. As of version 1.9.0, this permission is required.
However, if the installation is done via snap it does not occur. Through installation via snap there is no need to modify the program’s permission with “chmod 4755” and the program can be run normally via GUI with the “–no-sandbox” parameter.
This in itself is my question: Whether there is the need to put this permission, since the installation via snap is no need any of that.

Best,