Accented character with Keyboard Layout US International with Dead key don't work

Same problem here. v1.13.1 on ubuntu environment

Adding to the list of people with this issue, typing Accented characters and just the quote key (’) in emails breaks which makes typing an email in english just as impossible.

I’ve noticed this morning that I was not suffering from the issue when typing into a New email (Ctrl + N, then type) but it started happening immediately when I hit reply in an email thread. Attempting to copy/paste content from the New email window into the reply thread caused the issue to start happening in the New email as well.

Very odd, but in accordance with everybody else this makes Mailspring unusable at this moment.

Tested with 1.3.1 Deb package on Debian 12.2

Hi. I have the same problem since the last update on macOS Ventura 13.6.1 with Spanish keyboard and trying to write accents in e-mails written in Spanish language.Thanks for your help. Thanks for your help.

Same bug here. v1.13.1 ubuntu 22.04.3.

You can disable the “rich text and advance features” on preferences to circumvent this, but you’ll lost a lot of nice features mailspring have to offer. (Unfortunately, for me, it was the only solution).

Thanks a lot again for the report to all of you.

This should be resolved in the latest version 1.13.2: Release 1.13.2 · Foundry376/Mailspring · GitHub

Please let us know if the fix works for you.

3 Likes

Yes, issue is fixed in 1.13.2.
Thanks a lot!

2 Likes