Inside the emails’ list, when I try to apply a label, add a star or delete an email, the same action might apply to another email inside the list. This happens mainly in my work account (I’ve 4 gmail accounts synced) but the duplicated actions occur only on emails related to the same account (it doesn’t affect different accounts).
I’ve noticed multiple times with emails being in the trash when the shouldn’t or with labels that are not specific to the email.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
Unclear, just a really wild guess as these are the steps I followed today but I notice this once every 2 weeks.
- Open Mailspring
- Wait for at least 5 emails to arrive
- Modify the label of an email that had arrived BEFORE opening Mailspring
- Observe if any changes were replicated to the emails that arrived AFTER opening Mailspring
The changes applied to a single email thread (star, “mark as important”, labels or archive), should only apply to the selected thread.
- OS and Version: ElementaryOS 5.1.7 Hera, (Linux distro built on top of Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS)
- Installation Method: Snapcraft
- Mailspring Version: 1.9.1-30ef802f
- This issue has at least 4 months but I believed it was due to a wrong configuration of my mail rules.
- I’ve only noticed this issue in my work account (The company’s DNS points the MX records to Gmail)
- I’ve only noticed the issue first-hand inside the “All inboxes” view of the email’s list, but I wouldn’t disregard the specific inbox of the account
- Changes don’t go both ways. When changes are made to thread-1 and affect thread-2, it is just in that direction; any change made to thread-2 is not reflected to thread-1.