Please don’t turn it into a ‘complaint’ thread — Mailspring is a noble endeavor, and I would like to come back to it one day, but right now the amount of issues & bugs is just too overwhelming.
Recommend a good alternative to Mailspring. If you’ve tried it yourself, please note briefly how the experience compares to Mailspring.
I need something that can handle 8 inboxes & displays Gmail labels, these two are dealbreakers. Prefer to have a unified inbox option and a UI… less ugly/horrible than Thunderbirb or Outlook.
I rely on filters & labels to sort my mail, so I need to see them in the thread list:
I know many people are looking for a good Windows email client, so I’ll list what I’ve tested so far to help them as well:
- Looks neat, supports multiple inboxes.
– Doesn’t display labels, gets very resource-hungry with multiple inboxes.
If you don’t have many inboxes - check this one out, might be a good alternative for you.
- Windows Mail
- Simple, reliable, clean UI
– Doesn’t display labels, no unified inbox (you can ‘join’ the inboxes, but it really becomes just one inbox, no easy way to check them separately or distinguish the emails)
Not as customizable as Mailspring, but kinda neat out of the box. Wish it showed labels.
- Could probably be set up to be fine if one spends enough time
– Ugly, clunky, I hate it.