This seems to be a bug with Electron apps in KDE in general. When the menu bar is enabled (either shown or auto-hiding), every time I switch the keyboard layout with Alt+Shift, the menu steals focus from the input control.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Install KDE.
- Have at least two keyboard layouts.
- Set the keyboard layout switch to Alt+Shift.
- Open Mailspring.
- Press Alt+Shift to switch keyboard layouts.
The keyboard layout is switched and the menu doesn’t get focus.
- OS and Version: Kubuntu 21.10 (KDE)
- Installation Method: snap
- Mailspring Version: 1.9.2
I’ve worked around by switching to the hamburger menu, which disables the menu bar entirely.
This bug should be fixed in Electron 13.1.0 and above: https://github.com/electron/electron/releases/tag/v13.1.0