Calendar Support

I am willing to pay some money for this feature.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking for this feature too. The e-mail client is amazing, but without a calendar it is difficult to go forward using it. :frowning:

1 Like

Hello any new update yet? Thanks for all the work!

Iā€™m following the topic since 2018 and I love the Mailspring!
Now Iā€™m using free version but Iā€™m ready even if I need to start paying for the featureā€¦

Guys, please, let me know how I can assist you to implement this feature?

Du you know some programming? Feel free to jump on the feature, if you want. :wink:

As for me, I am trying to resolve the several bugs dir now, but hopefully the tone will come to pick a large feature again. Maybe this will be it.

It seems the best I can do is to order you pizza and coffee =))

Iā€™m very happy to help you! Iā€™m quite good developer (solutions architect at my company).
Probably Iā€™m not as good as you, butā€¦ the stack Iā€™m good in is js, (node.js, vuejs, typescript), ruby, php and python a little bit.

As far as I understand the main language used under hood of the app is C++. Am I right orā€¦?

C++ is only used for the mailsync engine. The frontend is written in JavaScript with React. So that may fit your stack quite well. I would be happy to get some support with the further development of Mailspring. :slight_smile:

I suggest you have a look at the frontend code of the calendar: Mailspring/app/internal_packages/main-calendar at master Ā· Foundry376/Mailspring Ā· GitHub
I am happy to give you a tour through the code if you want. However my overview is also limited.

How it is synced (which may be in the mailsync engine), I have ā€“ unfortunately ā€“ also no idea.

Hey @CodeMouse92,

Thanks so much for advancing this. I was able to open a calendar window by adding it to the menu. But the UI is bare with no place to add new calendars.

I am a senior NodeJS / React developer and happy to contribute to this.

1. Right now it seems mailsync is the one doing the calendar sync (run-calendar-sync triggers mailsync-bridge). Does mailsync support caldav? We are looking for integration into NextCloud.
  2. Is there a UI to add new calendars (e.g. CalDav) ? Or is it by default geared towards GMail / MS365?

Thanks for answering these questions, they would help get to where we can start working.

2 Likes

As a NextCloud user, I support this request. I use MailSpring in Fedora 36 Silverblue.

Long time has passed - a calendar is still not in view. BUT - there are a few apps WITH a calendar available, so I continue using one of those

Really looking forward to this, but hope this is just not ā€œbasic calendarā€ functionality.

This is also needed:

• Room finder working with Exchange
  • Meeting links with Teams and/or Zoom
1 Like

Hi there,

Do you have a release date for the Calendar ?

Thank you

• Naptax

I noticed that the only reason I fire up Apple Mail.app every now and then is because Mailspring does not yet detect events and thus does not add them to the calendars configured on the system.
As a user all I need is for Mailspring to detect events and add them to an existing calendar. At that point all other actions (read, update, delete) can be done in other apps (e.g. Apple Calendar).

Itā€™s been some time since this post, Iā€™ve loved mailspring so far - but definitely, the calendar integration is the one thing holding me back from using this permanently.

I too would like an update on this. How far along is the development? Are there any blockers?
So far Iā€™m exceptionally happy with Mailspring, but unfortunately the missing calendar integration is a complete showstopper for professional work.

Any news on calendar? I moved to mailspring yesterday after that mailbird scam and i found mailspring almost perfect. Only one thing missing and it is calendar. I definitely need it. Now when i am using this, i still need open gmail in browser to see my calendar. Hope it comes some day. I actually came to test this before i decide between this and emclient.

3 Likes