Cannot add second account with the same email address

Description

When adding a new account with completely different servers but with the same email address (or username, cannot verify), mailspring will show a success message but the new account is not visible anywhere.

In our case the existing email account was a default imap account, the new account was a google account.

We are in the process of migrating our emails to another provider and need this functionality.

To Reproduce…

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Add a second account with the same email address but different servers

Expected Behavior

The second account is added and is handled completely separate from the existing one

Setup

• OS and Version: OpenSuse Tumbleweed 20210316
  • Installation Method: snapcraft
  • Mailspring Version: 1.8.0-8983dca2

I was just about to make an issue about this, but it seems like other people have already brought this up.

We are also in a transitional limbo between having an on-premise Exchange server and Microsoft’s own servers, and we have the same email addresses set up in both. I’m looking for email clients where I make this work, since not even Windows 10 mail or Outlook can handle it at the moment.

Manually modifying the connection config yields this error:

It’d be absolutely perfect if Mailspring can handle this scenario, but I understand if there would be deeper implications to this that would make it harder to cater.

Possibly related: Adding a new account with same 'email'/from name results in 1 confused inbox

I second this. We’re not even in any transitional period, but our emails are setup like this:

• the mailing is done with own IMAP/SMTP
  • the same address is also used for a GSuite account including Google Calendar
    All I want to do is to be able to react to and import meetings to my Google Calender when the invites come to my mail.