Cannot connect to hotmail

Description

When connecting to a hotmail account, It shows this error message in the connection interface

ErrorNamespace (IMAP)

And the log is as below:

----------IMAP----------
connect <mailcore::IMAPSession:00C4F880>
* OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [SABLADAAUABSADAAMwBDAEEAMAAxADAAMAAuAGEAcABjAHAAcgBkADAAMwAuAHAAcgBvAGQALgBvAHUAdABsAG8AbwBrAC4AYwBvAG0A]
ssl connect imap-mail.outlook.com 993 2
OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.1.0f  25 May 2017
1 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 SASL-IR UIDPLUS MOVE ID UNSELECT CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
1 OK CAPABILITY completed.
connect ok
login
2 LOGIN "wi-----l@hotmail.com" "*********"
2 OK LOGIN completed.
3 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 SASL-IR UIDPLUS MOVE ID UNSELECT CLIENTACCESSRULES CLIENTNETWORKPRESENCELOCATION BACKENDAUTHENTICATE CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
3 OK CAPABILITY completed.
4 NAMESPACE
4 BAD User is authenticated but not connected.
fetch namespace failed

To Reproduce…

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Add an account
  2. Select Outlook.com/Hotmail
  3. Enter the hotmail credentials
  4. Boom

Expected Behavior

Connect correctly to my hotmail account

Screenshots

Setup

• OS and Version: Windows 11 (21H2Build 22000.348)
    • Installation Method: Installer
  • Mailspring Version: 1.9.2-6e14dad1

Additional Context

The issue only happens on my hotmail account.

Sounds odd. Have you tried adding this account as a normal IMAP account?

@JohnP

Just tried but no luck. Seems there’s an server issue? I’m not familiar with this…

----------IMAP----------
connect <mailcore::IMAPSession:0095F6EC>
ssl connect imap-mail.outlook.com 993 43
connect error 43

What settings are you using? That error message is a little terse but does show the server URL and suggests you’re using port 993, which should be correct from what I can see on The Internet.

Unfortunately, I haven’t had a Hotmail address for a very long time and can’t really help on the specifics, I’m afraid. Perhaps there’s someone else here who can, though.

The settings are as the screenshot below. It’s auto detected, but I’ve found the same one on the internet as well. Really weird, for hotmail used to work well.

Thank you anyway!