Can't download attachments on Linux

Description

Hello,
I am running Mailspring on Manjaro linux (i3 edition). Mailspring is really the best email client I could find and using it is a great experience… except this problem that I have : I can’t open or download attachments.
When I go at the bottom of any mail I have received that contains a single attached file, I can see the name and icon of that attached file but I can’t open it or download it. When I right click on it, the three options available do not have the expected behaviour:

• When I click “open”: nothing happens.

• When I click “save into”: nothing happens.

• When I click on “preview”: a blank window appears (for instance, my pdf viewer will open if I try to preview a PDF file but it will just be a blank window with no content at all).

Strangely enough, when I receive multiple attachments in an email, I can download them using the “Download All” option that is available just above the attached files. However, trying to download a single file from the list will not work, just as described above for when I receive emails with a single attachment.

To Reproduce…

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go at the bottom of a received email with attachments.
  2. click on the download icon or any of the options to open or download the file.
  3. Nothing happens.

Expected Behavior

Clicking the “save into” option would pop up a dialogue box which would allow me to choose where I want the file to be downloaded… or the file should be downloaded to some default folder at the very least.
Clicking the “open” button would launch the appropriate program and open a writable copy of the document.
Clicking preview would launch a read-only copy of the document.

Setup

• OS and Version: Manjaro Linux, i3 edition. Linux kernel version 6.1.55-1
    • Installation Method: snapcraft
  • Mailspring Version: 1.11.0-6193b33c

Best regards.