Composing email reply keeps automatically jumping to bottom of window if I scroll to up

Description

If I am writing a reply to an email in the compose window, when scrolling up to read parts of the email that I am replying to, after approx 5 seconds, Mailspring decides to automatically jump to the bottom of the window (I am assuming where the focus cursor is).

This is incredibly annoying as it makes it impossible to read anything above.

To Reproduce…

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Select any email (ideally relatively lengthily one) OR double click it to open in a new window.

2. Click the reply icon and start writing a reply.

3. Scroll up to the original email you are replying to.

4. Wait until you get automatically kicked back to the bottom of the window.

(This also happens in the main pane as well as new window).

Expected Behavior

Not automatically move the reader to a different point to which you’ve just manually navigated to!

Setup

• OS and Version: Windows 10 Pro 20H2
    • Installation Method: Installer
  • Mailspring Version: 1.9.1-30ef802f

Additionally, when it jumps to the bottom while composing a reply it erases whole sentences that I’ve just typed.

2 Likes

Same here. SUPER annoying.

I’m trying to complete a reply email and if I stop typing for just a few seconds, the cursor jumps to the bottom of the email. Since is a 4-deep email (original plus 3 replies) so I have to scroll back through all of them to find where I was. I’ll have to open the email in the browser instead.

This is really bad. Honestly, nonsensical behavior like this is why I stick to the free version. I can only use Mailspring in a limited way.

1 Like

Same. Linux on Xorg.
Worked around all the problems of Mailspring, calendar, spam rules, all.
And now that I want to really work with it, I can’t reply to long emails, it’s simply not possible. Depressing. There must be a way to prevent this?!

Edit: Okay, I’m kinda happy again - the jumping does not happen when I reply within the main window, i.e. not double click to reply in a message viewing window.