When a service mail is ended, like when we delete our gmail account, we can’t recover, nor save, nor transfer the mails already stored in our PC. This is the exact same thing when there is a synchronization problem.
First method to reproduce it;
- Create a synchronization problem with your mail by any mean.
Second method to reproduce the behavior:
- Create a gmail (or any equivalent) account, with mails inside it
- Create this account in mailspring and sync it
- Delete your gmail (or equivalent) account
- You’ll see sync problems in Mailspring
It is expected that you’ll be able to use theses already present mail in your client mail, such as forwarding them with another email adress to another email adress, for example, in order to save the content of email.
The only thing you can do is reading the message, you can’t save it, you can’t forward it. Anything more pops up an annoying error message saying that it can’t synchronize the mail account. I was obliged to delete this mail account from mailspring and I lost all the messages stored in my client as well.
- OS and Version: Windows 10
- Mailspring Version: 1.9.2
Now that I deleted my account from mailspring do you know where the mailspring emails are stored in the PC ??? What folder ? (Note this question has already been answered by JohnP)