Data deletion request

To the Attention of the Privacy Department / Data Protection Officer / Legal Department of Mailspring,

I am writing to request that you delete my personal data from all of your paper and/or computer records pursuant to Schedule 1, Principle 9 of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).

To the extent that you rely on consent to process my personal data, I withdraw that consent. To the extent that you rely on your ‘legitimate interest’ to process my personal data, I object to the processing as there are no overriding legitimate grounds.

If you are selling my personal data to third parties, please consider this email as my direction to you not to sell my personal data to third parties.

Please don’t ask me to perform a self-service process such as locating my information on your website, filling out a form, or providing a mobile advertising ID. These requests place an undue burden on my side.

Please use the following information to identify me in your records:
gravelfreeman

If you are not able to comply with my request to delete all of my personal data, please advise as to the specific reason for which this request cannot be acted on. Please advise which sections and subsections of the law you are relying upon, and identify the specific reason for which you are relying on those exceptions, such as which legal obligation, or internal purpose or use. Please delete all my personal data which does not fall under these exceptions.

This email message was sent from my personal email account (as you can see in the email headers). Please use this fact to verify my identity. Please do not ask me to provide any further identifying information, as this places an undue burden on my side. If you are legally obligated to require additional identifying information in order to verify my identity, please let me know as soon as possible.

Please confirm that you have deleted my personal data from your paper and/or computer records and that you have followed up with any third-party organization with whom my information has been shared to ensure that they deleted their copy of the data.

My preferred method of contact is email.

Please note that I do not consent to any personal data which is part of this request to be used for any purpose other than fulfilling this request, except in the case of a suppression list, which you may keep in order to ensure that you do not collect any of my personal data in the future.

Please note that you have 30 days to comply with this request.

Kind regards.

Hi there, please follow the steps here to delete your data in compliance with GDPR:

Please note that once you have completed the steps above we will have no record of you ever having used Mailspring. If you wish to request a refund for your subscription, download invoices for your records, etc., you must do that before you delete all of your data! It is really completely gone.

One caveat is that we do not currently auto-delete your account here on our forums as part of GDPR process - after you complete the account deletion, I’ll clean up your account here on our forums separately. Thanks,

Ben

1 Like

No account with that email address was found.

I only had the forum account.

Thank you!

Please delete and anonymize data, thank you.