Delete key removes content while composing emails

Description

When composing an email and I find a typing error somewhere within the composition and I go to correct my problem and when using the delete key, it will remove large sections of content while composing emails. To get around this Ive been using the backspace key without a problem, but normally with any other email app or anywhere else in my OS (browsers, apps, etc) I dont have this problem and the delete just does what its supposed to do.

To Reproduce…

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. compose an email
  2. pick a place somewhere within the content
  3. press delete key
  4. some content then goes missing
  5. I can recover the content by clicking CTRL Z

Expected Behavior

I expect the delete key to function normally. If I press the delete key the one character in front (to the right) will be deleted, not entire sections of content.

Screenshots

no screenshot

Setup

• OS and Version: ZorinOS 16.3, Ubuntu Linux 20.04, Ubuntu 22.04
  • Installation Method: .deb
  • Mailspring Version: 1.12.0-390a301d

Additional Context

Happens with all email accounts… Gmail, Fastmail, Yandex, etc. Also, this does not happen every single time I press the delete key, but most of the time, say 90% of the time.

I have an update for this. Not sure if it will help or not. When I pressed the delete key a couple times to go back I got this message…

Error: Unable to find a DOM node for “112”. This is often because of forgetting to add props.attributes to a custom component.
at findDOMNode (…/src/utils/find-dom-node.js:19:11)
at findDOMPoint (…/src/utils/find-dom-point.js:12:14)
at findDOMRange (…/src/utils/find-dom-range.js:13:21)
at Content._this.updateSelection (…/src/components/content.js:204:21)
at Content.componentDidUpdate (…/src/components/content.js:150:10)
at Hi (/usr/share/mailspring/resources/app.asar/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:227:383)
at Fi (/usr/share/mailspring/resources/app.asar/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:218:212)
at Gi (/usr/share/mailspring/resources/app.asar/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:217:174)
at ii (/usr/share/mailspring/resources/app.asar/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:214:252)
at xg (/usr/share/mailspring/resources/app.asar/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:212:94)
at Object.enqueueSetState (/usr/share/mailspring/resources/app.asar/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:133:223)
at _a.Component.setState (/usr/share/mailspring/resources/app.asar/node_modules/react/cjs/react.development.js:373:16)
at DraftEditingSession. (file:///tmp/nylas-build/electron-packager/linux-x64/mailspring-linux-x64-6Ns7Ou/resources/app/src/decorators/inflates-draft-client-id.tsx:74:14)
at EventEmitter.eventHandler (file:///tmp/nylas-build/electron-packager/linux-x64/mailspring-linux-x64-6Ns7Ou/resources/app/src/global/mailspring-store.ts:119:23)
at EventEmitter.emit (node:events:513:28)
at EventEmitter.emit (node:domain:489:12)
at DraftEditingSession.trigger (file:///tmp/nylas-build/electron-packager/linux-x64/mailspring-linux-x64-6Ns7Ou/resources/app/src/global/mailspring-store.ts:132:26)
at DraftEditing