Disappearing Emails / Desync

1.10.5 Windows 10 22h2. Hotmail. Not as much as before, but it still happens

Not sure if itā€™s the same issue, but I also often cannot find email threads I know they exists. Later I find them in the trash. Interestingly on Gmail I see them normally, in All email.
Secondly I have a hard time to return them back on Mailspring, as there is no such button as ā€œRestoreā€ or something like that.

I can also confirm this issue, which has been present since starting to use Mailspring. It affects both my Outlook and Gmail email accounts. I am currently running version 1.10.8 on Manjaro 22.1.0. It can be fixed temporarily by rebuilding the cache. I am willing to provide information/logs to help debug the issue - just let me know what to do.

This is a priority bug !!!
Second time I lose emails with this app.

Sad to see there are no usable email client on pcā€¦
Clients on smartphones are better.
One can cope with some bugs, but losing mails is not an option.
Perhaps the entire sync process should just be dumped and refactored.
Perhaps on this crucial point it has to be thought integrating better automatic testing.
Perhaps a new version could be rewritten from scratch.
I would be happy to help (seƱor typescript dev) but how on earth did you guys think that Discorde was a good alternative to using issues in github or gitlab ?
Itā€™s a common thing to see projects based on a private gitlab and using github only for public release.
After using MailSpring on linux for over a couple years now.
Bugs that Iā€™ve seen there (losing sync, not capable to reconnect after connection lost, editor over content and all those bugs everyone has got used to) are still thereā€¦ Updates after updates and nothing changedā€¦ Perhaps time to consider to start from scratch a total refactor.

Thank you all for your efforts.
I donā€™t mean to be rude, but to solve a problem one has to admit there is a problem.
I can see this app was heavily inspired by MacMail
When it comes to the local/imap sync process, it has to be rewritten based on standards and method.
Till then Iā€™m back to webmail (Roundcube will do the job).
Has anyone spotted a real alternative ?
Please donā€™t tell me Thundirbird ā€¦ the offline client that can only be used online ?

Iā€™m having an issue with my icloud emails in that messages that I send to myself have disappeared. This is NOT affecting my gmail emails. I have tried to reset the local cache and then they appear to only disappear later after it syncs up.

Iā€™m on Ubuntu 22.04.02 LTS using MailSpring 1.10.8-8ea2a61f

If you need any additional information please reach out to me!

Please resolve this issue as this is actually one of the best open source email clients out there!

Hi all,
Iā€™ve just installed Mailspring on Kubuntu 22.04 and emails for some 6 months are missing from Mailspring. Iā€™ve read here and there, but it seems that there is still no solution to that.
No mater the few tweaks that it has compared to Thunderbird it has amazing options that work brilliantly for me, and I would migrate all my team to it if certain things are fixed.

Same issue here after switching to mailspring. Ubuntu 23.10 with mailspring 1.13.3.

Such a shame, because its an awsome client

Is anybody working on this critical bug?

I can confirm the issue with Mailspring 1.13.3 on Win 10. I have been using Mailspring intensively for about 1 week. Suddenly today, it started to ā€œoptimizeā€ something on startup and shows only 14 emails in the Inbox, out of ~10^3.

Maybe the following details help:

• emails disappeared only in my first email account. The second account still shows all inbox emails.
  • The disappeared emails seem to be still there (hopefully), at least they can be found using the search.
  • When I connect with another eMail client, all ~10^3 emails are still in the inbox. So it seems to be just a visual glitch?

Will pay many beers for someone who finally fixes this bug after the first report 7 years agoā€¦
Thanks,
Martin