Emails Not Being Received

I’m running Mac OS 10.11.6 on a MacBook Pro and I’m using Mailspring 1.9.2.

For some reason, unknown to me, some recipients are not getting my emails and some are. I just sent identical emails with an attachment to my mac.com and gmail.com accounts and neither one received it. Now, sending from my gmail account, I received the message so evidently it’s something to do with my mac.com account. As far as I can tell, it’s set up through iCloud?

It appears that I receive all my emails.

This is very frustrating and, at times, critical and I’m at a loss as to what to do.

I’ve seen a few reports here of emails not sending, and I think I had the problem when I started using Mailspring (although it cleared up - I had a few issues and reinstalled Mailspring a couple of times so I’m not sure exactly what the solution was). Initially, it’s probably worth checking the ‘Send’ section of the Preferences for your mac.com account and possibly even setting the account up again from scratch.

Thanks for answering.

Unfortunately, my Mac Mail puked and it’s impossible to get to its permissions.

As you probably know if you’re a mac user you can’t just reinstall Mail, you must reinstall the entire OS. This I did, but it made no difference.

Maybe it’s time to get a newer MacBook Pro.

You don’t need Mac Mail to do this - you just need to check the settings in Mailspring’s Preferences. Or do you mean you’ve only got the mac.com account connected to the Mac Mail app and not Mailspring?

do not forget to vote for your own bug

No, it’s connected to Maispring as is my gmail account. If you mean “update connection settings,” I’ve done that a number of times.

OK, fine - I was just confused by your reference to “my Mac Mail puked”!

It’s worth checking the other threads about this issue to see if there are any hints, but I’d try uninstalling and reinstalling Mailspring, too, just in case!