Horizontal Scroll - Swipe to delete/archive Bug

This is related to the bug/issue found here: consider adding a way to disable swipe gestures · Issue #690 · Foundry376/Mailspring · GitHub

The problem is that the horizontal scroll wheel on my mouse is very easily accidentally touched and when that happens some random mail gets archived or deleted instantly because apparently, this triggers the swipe to delete (or archive depending on settings) function.

I am using a MX master 2S mouse and have been having this issue for a long time, but (I believe) I used to be able to disable the swipe function (in an earlier version) which worked for me. However, this option seems to be gone from the latest mailspring versions and now you can only choose if you want to archive or delete, but I don’t want any of that to happen. I have also tried changing the default behaviour for the mouse/scroll wheel (using logi options+) when in mailspring to not be horizontal scroll, however whenever I am moving the mouse over the Mailspring window, while another windows is still active it’s still seen it as a swipe (the logi options+ software only changes the behaviour on the active window). And since I am using a multi-monitor setup, hovering inactive windows happens quite a lot.

I am guessing swipes are registered as horizontal scroll and that’s why it’s seen as the same thing by mailspring, but wouldn’t it be possible to detect the actual input eg. if there is a trackpad enable swipe, if it’s a mouse (with horizontal scroll wheel) disable swipe. At the least, please return the option to completely disable the swipe stuff, I don’t have a trackpad nor touchscreen (on my PC) so I don’t need/want it and this “bug” is very annoying, I have actually lost some important mails because of it.

Using the current version of mailspring, but has persisted for a long time/multiple versions.
And running Windows 11, but not sure if that matters.