When I first open Mailspring on a low-DPI screen, and then move it to a high-DPI screen, I still get the @1x icons.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Move Mailspring to a display at 1x scaling
- Choose ‘Reload’ from the developer menu
- Move it to a display at 2x scaling
The 2x icons are used on the 2x screen.
- OS and Version: macOS 10.15.5 (19F101)
- Mailspring Version: 1.7.8
Based on some devtools poking-around, it looks like the icons are
<img> tags that use either the 1x or 2x resource depending on the DPI when they’re first added. As a potentially-useless suggestion, without having (yet) poked around at the codebase itself, I wonder if using a srcset instead would work?
(Originally posted by excitedleigh on GitHub.)