I have the “Automatically load images in viewed messages” unchecked in Preferences. So when I click on an email the images are not shown. However if I double click on an email to open it in a separate window the images are downloaded and shown briefly before disappearing.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Disable “Automatically load images in viewed messages”.
- Go to ‘Inbox’.
- Single click on an email that has images and see them not loading (correct behavior).
- Double click on the same email to open it in a separate window and see the images being displayed briefly.
The images should not be loaded and shown until the user clicks “Show Images” when the email is opened in a separate window.
- OS and Version: Ubuntu 19.10
- Mailspring Version: 1.7.8-13635bcf
(Originally posted by guillaumedavidphd on GitHub.)