Interface Gets Blurry

Under various circumstances, part or all of the Mailspring interface becomes blurry. This has been observed on several platforms:

• Windows 10
  • macOS Big Sur (and prior)
  • Ubuntu 20.04 (and prior) - apparently resolved?

Some users suspect this is related to Electron. @bengotow has thought it likely it is rendering on the half-pixel.

We would need further verification of this occuring with Mailspring 1.7.8 or later, ideally on an up-to-date system, before we can diagnose further.

I can confirm this is still an issue for me in the activity sub-menu. OSX 10.14.6, Mailspring 1.7.8. A bit perplexed why it’s working on one machine but not the other, though (same osx and mailspring version)

1 Like

I have been trying to reproduce the issue, but had no luck so far. Tested on:
Ubuntu 20.10 – Multiple display resolutions and scaling factors (100%, 125%, 150%, 175%, 200%)
macOS 11.1 – MacBook Retina Display with different resolutions + external display

downloading the latest update fixed the activity tray blurriness for me! maybe it was just a weird initial install bug

1 Like

I can confirm this on Windows 10 Pro, updated to the latest patches as of April 18, 2021. I have seen this in other programs like Discord, and disabling hardware acceleration in the settings fixes it.

It persists through a restart, and through GPU driver updates. I have an nVidia RTX 3080. Monitor refresh is 240Hz.

What information can I provide to help troubleshoot?

Is this issue still being looked into?

The mailspring app is still considerably more blurry than any other mail client I’ve tried so far.

My system information is as follows:

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
OS build 22000.675
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.675.0
Mailspring version 1.10.3-a476c230

If there’s any more information I can provide to help debug, please let me know.