Links not opening

Description

I installed mailspring on Windows 11 (Acer machine) and no links from emails will open, I can’t click the unsubscribe button and no other hyperlinks will open a browser. Same when I use right-click “open link” or even the “google …” option on right click on a selected string.

To Reproduce…

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Find an email with a link
  2. Click the link
  3. Nothing happens

Expected Behavior

Link should open in my standard browser (which is Firefox)

Screenshots

Setup

• OS and Version: Edition Windows 11 Home
    Version 22H2
    Installed on ‎08/‎04/‎2023
    OS build 22621.1555
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0

• Installation Method: windows installer
  • Mailspring Version: 1.10.8-8ea2a61f

Additional Context

Applies on both my 2 Gmail Accounts, again, standard browser is Firefox, Chrome is also installed

I have the same issue, also on Windows 11, on the same build of Mailspring. I don’t think Mailspring has ever opened links at any time since I’ve installed it. I’m seriously considering uninstalling Mailspring and using Thunderbird which didn’t have this issue when I last used it.

2 Likes

Hi

I’m having the same problem. I had Mailspring on a Windows 10 machine. I moved to Winn11 and now none of the links in my emails work.

Is there a fix for this?

L

Signed up to say I have the same issue. Windows 11, and downloaded and installed fairly recently.
Otherwise my favorite client.

I also just had this issue just now.
How I fixed it was, go to Windows Settings, go to apps, go to Defaults Apps click and open, go to the bottom until you find Reset all default apps click the reset on the right, done, the links in mailspring should now be working.