Rather regularly (about once every 1-2 weeks, maybe during times of high system load or if I haven’t restarted mac for a few days) I notice a very annoying issue, where Mailspring stops doing anything in background.
Here’s how I usually notice there is a problem:
- converse with someone over email
- type a new email response
- hit send. Watch “Sending soon…” countdown disappear, “Sending…” spinner appear
- close Mailspring window, leaving it running in the dock
- few hours later realise that there has been no response from my contact
- open Mailspring and observe the same “Sending…” spinner
- see Mailspring actually send an email, hours later
Sometimes Mailspring wakes up, then checkes for emails and spams me with 5-10 notifications for all the emails that I missed while Mailspring was inactive.
I have no idea how to reproduce this issue. Maybe someone can explain me how to collect pertinent logs, so that I share them next time I encounter the problem?
- OS and Version: macOS 10.14.6
- Mailspring Version: Mailspring Version 1.7.2
(Originally posted by kanunnikau on GitHub.)