Mail did not send

Description

Using Mailspring in Kubuntu 21.04, gmail account

Issue seems intermitent

Wrote an email in composer (fresh email, not a reply), sent (with 15 second delay and a signature setup through mailspring) get a message saying sending [email count] in right column, that never goes away. 24 hours later message still in drafts and did not send 9is not in the sent box for that account or any other).

I did not get an error message letting me know the message failed to send. This is perhaps the most worrisome aspect as failing silently means I am unaware the message wasn’t actually sent.

To Reproduce…

Write and send a new email

See sending [email count]

Wait to see if the message goes away. If it does not, look in drafts folder and it will still be there and will not be present in sent folder

Expected Behavior

Email should send and end up in sent box and if it fails to send I should get a message informing me of the failure.

Screenshots

Setup

• OS and Version: Kubuntu Linux 21.04
    • Installation Method: snap 1.9.1
  • Mailspring Version: 1.9.1-30ef802f

I get this all the time. I think it happens when you press Send and then go back to your Inbox. Now I press Send and wait until I hear the “whoosh” sound to confirm that it has actually happened, otherwise I discover a day or two later that the message is still in my Drafts folder.

Pop!_OS 21.04
1.9.1-30ef802f

1 Like

I’m also getting the same behavior. I’m running:
Kubuntu 20.0.4.2
1.9.1-30ef802f (SNAP Version)

Even the whoosh sound isn’t a reliable indicator of a mail being sent. I now have to check each time I send mail to be sure it actually did send. I have multiple emails a day that do not get sent.

I understand that open-source software is known to have issues of not having enough development resources to address things… but this is something I paid for. And it is failing in one of its most basic tasks: It’s an email client that doesn’t send emails.

If you can’t deliver the basic reliably, then maybe this shouldn’t be charged for at all.

1 Like

I’m also running into this issue, sending messages with mailspring via gmail on Ubuntu 21.04. I send them, it acts like they’ve sent, but they’re still in the drafts folder when I go look later. I poked around the sync logs but didn’t have the exact timestamps for the last time it happened so couldn’t find anything interesting; I’ll try to make note of the timestamps for the next message I send.

Ubuntu 21.04
Mailspring 1.9.1-30ef802f

1 Like

I’m having the exact same problem on Kubuntu 20.04 - i’m using the SNAP version 1.9.1 (What i’m running today as of Aug 31, 2021).

Please fix this as this has cost me some meetings.

I too am using the Pro version and paying for it.

I’m having this problem as well and I’ve had it at least since June as there was some important emails that wasn’t sent that tripped me up. Is it possible to enable debug output in the logs?
Ubuntu 20.04
Mailspring 1.9.1-30ef802f, snap 1.9.1

I’ve not had this problem now for at least a few days. Checked the changelog and can’t see anything that would seem related.
I’m now on 1.10.3-a476c230, snap 2.55.3

This still happens in Feb 2023!

still happens in Aug 2023