Mailspring 1.8.0 has released, with a whole boatloat of bugfixes. Our first release of 2021 includes contributions from a half dozen members of the open source community. Thanks to everyone who filed bugs and pull requests!
- You can now choose a color for each account in Preferences > Accounts and conversations in the unified mailbox are colorized! (#2240, thanks @Phylu)
- The search bar’s placeholder text now reflects the accounts you’re viewing (#2252, thanks @Phylu)
- The “equal to” mail rule logic now supports matching against empty strings (eg subject = “No Subject”) correctly (#2254, thanks @Phylu)
- Updated Turkish, Bengali, Chinese, and French translations (thanks @emintufan, @EwenQuim, @Aftabuzzaman and @johnpoint)
- Support for pasting files sent in the text/uri-list format or as a secondary pasteboard item (@akdor1154)
- Autofill for the Hostinger email provider (@merkys7)
- The Yandex connection screen now includes instructions to enable IMAP #2111
- The event header that appears when an email contains an ICS attachment now shows the correct timezone. #2093, #2255
- On Linux, Mailspring no longer specifies
gitas package dependencies unnecessarily.
- Mailspring now uses Electron 4.2.12 in preparation for a jump to Electron 8+.
Don’t see a fix for your bug yet? Worry not! We hope to push out another release in the next couple of weeks with some more critical bugfixes.