Mailspring 1.92-6e14dad1 crash on launch (Arch)

Description

Open Mailspring as the icon or in the terminal and it looks like its about to load up, but then closes after a few seconds. Was working just a couple of days ago, perhaps someone pushed a bad version to the AUR which messed it up?

To Reproduce…

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Open Mailspring via the icon, or terminal
  2. Wait
  3. Crashes

Expected Behavior

For it not to crash

Screenshots

• OS and Version: Arch Linux, kernel 5.16.9-arch-1, DE: Xfce 4.16
    • Installation Method: using yay, (Community Installer)
  • Mailspring Version: 1.9.2-6e14dad1

Additional Context

[robert@APOLLO ~]$ mailspring
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/local.conf", line 1: parsing XML declaration: '?>' expected

Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/local.conf", line 1: XML declaration not well-formed
Running database migrations
App load time: 83ms

{"error":null}
(electron) The default value of app.allowRendererProcessReuse is deprecated, it is currently "false".  It will change to be "true" in Electron 9.  For more information please check https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/18397
Manual update check (updates.getmailspring.com/check/linux/x64/1.9.2-6e14dad1/692717fd-f542-455c-83a5-14457cb390ab/stable) returned 204
[36756:0215/172634.357350:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private.cc(1034)] The display compositor is frequently crashing. Goodbye.
Failed to get crash dump id.
Report Id: {"success":true}
Failed to get crash dump id.
Report Id: {"success":true}
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

I am getting the same issue with the AUR version on Linux Kernel 5.16.10-arch1-1 with DE: KDE Plasma 5.24.1. It was working for a long time until I did a few updates, I can not remember if there was a new Kernel update that caused the issue to start.

I installed the Flatpak version with no issues though.

Perhaps the AUR was taken over by a malicious person, a few have had that happen, I appreciate the flatpak tip I’ll install it from there as I’ve been kinda GIMPed without mailspring lol.