Mailspring Cannot Connect to GoDaddy Office 365

I am having a similar issue to this, but in a different way…

When I try to add an email account hosted by GoDaddy which now uses Microsoft Exchange EWS, Mailspring will not get past the add account window. It loads my web browser to go to Sign in to your account {snip}, I click on the work account option, and then it takes me to Sign In {snip}. Here lies the problem I think. This GoDaddy page is for Malaysia. I can see it under the logo at the top left. It needs to go to the GoDaddy login page for the United States. I can log in on that Malaysia page, but Mailspring doesn’t finish adding the account.

The one I am use to seeing when adding this GoDaddy Office 365 account in other email clients looks like this…

Hi! Do you happen to have any news on this matter? I have yet to be able to add it in Mailspring, and it is a critical account. If anyone has any workaround, it will help me a lot.

Unless your Microsoft/Office 365 administrators enable IMAP and SMTP, Mailspring won’t work for you. The only thing I can think of is using something like DavMail to get around it: https://davmail.sourceforge.net/

Hi!
Happy New year, thanks for the response. I asked the administrator to activate it, and I will check if it works.