Mailspring does not refresh when switching to it after a while

Description

It looks like there’s a refresh problem deleting messages if I switch to Mailspring after a while. I’ve only tested this with one account. If I switch to Mailspring after using other apps for a while and select and delete messages, the UI does no refresh and show the messages as having been deleted. I need to select another mailbox and com back to the Inbox to get it to refresh. Once I do this, things are back to normal. If I then select a message and delete it, Mailspring removes the message and refreshes properly.

To Reproduce…

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Run Mailspring.
  2. Switch to other apps and come back to Mailspring after a while (I don’t know exactly how long, but for me it’s typically quite a while like an hour or a few hours).
  3. Select one or more messages to delete them using the delete key. You’ll get the pop-up stating the messages have been archived, but the screen remains the same. All of the “deleted” messages still display and are selected.

Expected Behavior

When I delete messages, the list of messages should always refresh, showing the messages as removed.

Screenshots

If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Setup

• OS and Version: Ubuntu Linux 20.04
  • Mailspring Version: 1.7.8

(Originally posted by dmocek on GitHub.)