At my workplace we have our own email server that uses the Zimbra project. The Zimbra server can only be accessed if connected to a VPN provided by my workplace. I am not sure if this is an issue with Mailspring not being able to use the VPN connection to connect to the Zimbra server or if it is an issue with the Zimbra server itself.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Setup a Zimbra email server.
- Create an account on the Zimbra email client.
- Try to connect to it on Mailspring.
- Optionally make the Zimbra email client only accessible through a VPN.
Zimbra email account would connect and work as expected on Mailspring.
- OS and Version: Manjaro Linux x86_64 Kernel 5.10.26-1-MANJARO, Windows 10
- Installation Method: AUR for Manjaro, .exe file for Windows
- Mailspring Version: Manjaro 1.8.0-1, Windows 1.8.0-8983dca2
I think the fact that my workplace’s email client is accessible only with a VPN may cause the issue, but that should be fixed, other email clients like Geary are able to connect to that account of mine.
Edit: Had to remove the headings(## Title) to let this forum let me post this because it only allows new users to post 2 links and apparently headings are considered links.