Mailspring stopped opening, can't reinstall

hi, I’ve been using mailspring for about 2 yrs. It’s worked fine, a little buggy at first but it’s gotten better and better and more stable the more I’ve used it. I open and use it daily. I just opened it about 7 hrs ago and as usual it opened fine. Went to sleep, got up now and suddenly it wouldn’t open. I tried restarting and again it wouldn’t open. So I tried to reinstall it and it won’t install either. I’m using windows 7

I pasted some of the info from the setup log … and attached the whole setup log. Thanks for any help or tips in advance. I appreciate it, Rey

2022-06-12 00:49:15> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install .
2022-06-12 00:49:15> Program: Starting install, writing to C:\Users\dude\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
2022-06-12 00:49:15> Program: About to install to: C:\Users\dude\AppData\Local\Mailspring
2022-06-12 00:49:15> CheckForUpdateImpl: Couldn’t write out staging user ID, this user probably shouldn’t get beta anything: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Users\dude\AppData\Local\Mailspring\packages.betaId’.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
SquirrelSetup.log (69.3 KB)

Update: I was able to find the releases and saw there was an update 8 hrs ago, apparently while I was sleeping. It was 1.14.0. I’m assuming that was the release I was downloading from the homepage. It wouldn’t install.

So I downloaded the previous version 1.13.3 and that one was able to install and I’m back in the program :sigh: …

so for anyone who may be having trouble reinstalling, make sure it’s not some issue with the latest release.

Now my question is, can I control if I want to install the latest update in this case 1.14.0 ? If it won’t let me open, there’s no point to installing it. The program was working fine beforehand

I has noticed this topic just now… Opened a new one about same issue yesterday, I’m late but I can confirm the issue. Me too on windows 7… maybe is related to that OS ?

Link to my post:

I’ll downgrade to previous release for now… Hope will be solved in next releases.