Matcha Theme for Mailspring

Ohh, cool! Will post it :sunglasses:

nice theme i like dark version

Love the theme, thanks!

Is there an easy way to change the font size of the folder/mailbox names? It’s a bit larger than other themes and I prefer it a bit smaller.

That’s great to hear you like the theme! :slight_smile:

As for the font size though, there’s no other way rather than hacking the theme’s CSS files. I’ve scaled the text up a bit so it matches the sidebar’s text size in Nautilus’ with Matcha GTK Theme applied.

Wow just found-out the theme option and this one is really amazing.

1 Like

Hi, how would I change the folder list background and toolbar to dark blue but leave everything else the same?

Amazing theme, congrats and thanks!

Could I found a bug? I cannot clic on the first row, it hovers only a few pixels avobe the end of the row, so I cannot use the delete or archive buttons. This just happens for the first row.

I’m using Ubuntu 20.04.

Thanks!
Fher

Hello, I love the theme, but I have a problem. I cannot select the first message. With other theme and official theme no problem. That poses a problem. Could you tell me where I can find the element that changes the selection point with the mouse to successfully select the first post. ? thx

Hi @maverick40 - I’ve just pushed a new version to GitHub. Sorry for late updates - unfortunately I’m not able to work on open source projects on a daily basis. But still I’m glad you like the theme! :blush:

2 Likes

Nice, Thx very much Now he’s perfect for me.

I just installed the theme and I love it! Is there a way I can put the email subject underneath the sender as seen in your screenshot? My inbox looks different. Thanks!

Happy to hear you like the them @dbarr :slight_smile: As for the look, I guess Mailspring does it automatically for every theme when you resize the column containing the emails list :wink:

This is super pretty. One issue I’ve spotted; in the sidebar I’m unable to expand folders. If I use the default theme I get a toggle to expand folders that have sub-folders, but on Matcha that toggle is missing. What can I do to get this back without losing the pretty?
Matcha:
Default:

I can’t say what changed since I haven’t been using the theme with previous versions, but when using the developer tools it’s clear that the images cannot be found.
The image URLs have a format like

background-image: url(“mailspring://mailspring-theme-matcha/assets/@{theme_assets_directory}/titlebutton-maximize-hover-dark.png”);

(from styles/components/_window.less)

@{theme_assets_directory} is not set and I could fix it by setting it to ‘azul’ in _window.less, although that’s a bad workaround and won’t inherit the actual theme variant from _colors.less.

1 Like

Hi there! Sorry for a late reply!
First of all - thank you for noting and investigating the bug! Telling the truth, I haven’t had much time to sit and look into it. Perhaps some changes in new versions were introduced, but I haven’t adapted the theme yet. I will try to do so this weekend. Of course, as always, pull requests are more than welcome! :slight_smile:

Thanks @jakubzet for having a look, this is by far the best theme I’ve seen so far. Thanks for all the work!

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’ve recently updated the theme to show back the subfolders icons - all thanks to issue reported on the theme’s Github page. Again, thanks for everyone using and supporting the development of this theme - thanks to you, I’m able to update the theme for different OSes and Mailspring versions than my own :slight_smile:

Also, if anyone’s interested in buying me a cup of coffee for the effort, I’ve recently created my Github Sponsors page, so also feel free to support me this way if it’s your cup of tea :smiley:

Thanks for this theme. BTW, is it possible to create a 4 columns theme (instead of the current 3 columns theme) as I have asked in another thread here?
How to display four columns theme? - Themes - Mailspring Community (getmailspring.com)

Thanks for your interest in this theme @KidRock :slight_smile: As for the four columns display, please correct me if I’m wrong guys, but I don’t think that’s something which is currently supported in Mailspring.

1 Like

Very nice theme, adding my thanks.

1 Like