More than half of a message being composed got suddenly deleted, and cannot be restored

Description

I was composing a rather long e-mail (maybe 50 lines of text and an image), and suddenly more than half of the entered text and image was gone. Actually, it suddenly fell back to some old state, before much of the text was edited. This happened while I was moving the cursor around in the text. Pressing Ctrl+Z or Ctrl+Shift+Z had no effect, more than half of the message was just gone beyond restoring. Restarting Mailspring didn’t help either.

Setup

• OS and Version: Linux Mint 18.3, kernel 4.15.0-15-generic
  • Mailspring Version: 1.2.1-7e7447b6

Additional Context

Apparently, this is more probable to happen if there is an image or images pasted into the message text, and you run the text cursor through the position of the image with arrow keys. The other hypothesis is this is more probable when you have bullet points in your message, and you run the cursor beyond the last of the first bullet point in the list.

(Originally posted by kerabromsmu on GitHub.)

(Original post had 7 upvotes, 6 confirming posts.)

I’ve seen this (or what seems like this) on Windows 10 / Mailspring 1.7.2-4522b259 as well. Compose window suddenly loses contents, Undo command has no effect.

(Originally posted by BinaryPaean on GitHub.)

I’m using Mailspring 1.5.7 on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS.

I constantly incur on a very annoying bug. When composing an email, if a go all the way up to the very first line of the email I’m composing and press the up arrow key, I lose the most recent part of the text I wrote. What I think is happening is that I go back to the last saved checkpoint. Undo doesn’t help since it doesn’t do anything in this case. I can’t find a way to restore the text which was just removed.

This is happening to me VERY frequently and makes the whole experience quite annoying since it affects productivity.

Anyway, I really love the product and want to thank all the contributors to the project! I just hope this bug could be fixed sooner than later :slight_smile:

(Originally posted by IamGianluca on GitHub.)