Mute notifications

Quick suggestion:

On right clicking the tray icon, there could be an option Mute notifications for → 10 minutes | 15 minutes | 30 minutes | 1 hour | etc…

This is super useful when for example trying to focus on something, or sharing your screen with your boss and avoid weird situations when receiving job interview follow up emails (laughing just an example!)

(Originally posted by brunofin on GitHub.)

(Original post had 2 upvotes.)

Hey! This would definitely be cool—I think this would be a good starter project for someone looking to contribute, too. (If you search the project for new Notification( you can find where they’re created.) Thanks!

(Originally posted by bengotow on GitHub.)

What would be the best way to deal with queued notifications when the mute period expires? Fire all of them at once? Or show something like “you have 3 new mails”?

(Originally posted by brunofin on GitHub.)

Can we make sure this integrates with/respects the “Focus assist”/do not disturb feature in Windows 10?

(Originally posted by VannevarB2 on GitHub.)

What would be the best way to deal with queued notifications when the mute period expires? Fire all of them at once? Or show something like “you have 3 new mails”?

I would prefer behaviour as in Slack: “you have 3 new mails”, that is all

(Originally posted by muravjov on GitHub.)

This was partially implemented here:

However, it would be great to add this as a feature, likely via a plugin.

The Problem

When out of hours (outside of 9-5) I get notifications from work email, I can’t shutdown the email client as I want to use personal email

Proposed Solution

Add support to be able to create a schedule to mute notifications from certain accounts.