Outlook.com: Invalid Credentials

I’m trying to connect to an Outlook.com account, but I’m getting “Invalid Credentials”. I know my username and password are correct! What’s going on, and how do I fix this?

If you’ve verified that your email and password are correct, Microsoft may be blocking your Mailspring login attempts with a security challenge.

To resolve the problem, visit account.live.com/activity. If your account is affected, you’ll see a “Security challenge” section like in the screenshot below. (You’ll need to click the header to display all details!)

Click the “This is me” button, then try connecting your account to Mailspring again.

@system @bengotow
Hi! Hope you all are good.
I’ve been using Mailspring since the Nylas N1 days and didn’t have such problems till date.
I can’t seem to login to my Outlook no matter what I do prescribed here and in other topics. Tried these:

1. Outlook and Apple App Passwords… same… IMAP goes through, SMTP gives error (see down below).
  2. For Outlook, I also tried logging in via the Office 365 option, gave another error (also mentioned below).
  3. Not running any system-wide ad-blockers or anything that might interfere.

Mailspring Version: 1.10.1

When I go with option 1, this is what the log says about Outlook SMTP:

----------SMTP----------
connect smtp-mail.outlook.com 587

SASL_PATH: 

mailsmtp Last Error Code: 25
mailsmtp Last Error Explanation: MAILSMTP_ERROR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
mailsmtp Last Error Location: 1
mailsmtp Last Auth Type: 0

When I go with option 1, this is what the log says about iCloud Mail SMTP:

----------SMTP----------
connect smtp.mail.me.com 587

SASL_PATH: 

mailsmtp Last Error Code: 25
mailsmtp Last Error Explanation: MAILSMTP_ERROR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
mailsmtp Last Error Location: 1
mailsmtp Last Auth Type: 0

With option 2, I get this as a Mailspring dialogue box:

OAuth Code exchange returned 400 Bad Request: 
{"error":"invalid_request","error_description":"AADSTS90023: Tokens issued for the 'Single-Page 
Application' client-type should only be redeemed via cross-origin requests. If your client does not send the 
Origin header, you should register it as a 'Native' client-type instead.\r\nTrace ID: 3aeafb39-4e73-43bb-94e9- 
ed89ac224d01\r\nCorrelation ID: 09774866-71fc-4f3d-96bc-1bb8f5012641\r\nTimestamp: 2022-03-15 
15:16:20Z","error_codes":[90023],"timestamp":"2022-03-15 15:16:20Z","trace_id":"3aeafb39-4e73-43bb- 
94e9-ed89ac224d01","correlation_id":"09774866-71fc-4f3d-96bc-1bb8f5012641"}

Please help,
Abdullah

1 Like

Any help would be highly appreciated…
Anyone?
@bengotow
@system