Passwords loosing?

Hi all.
Under Windows 10 Pro, Mailspring doesn’t save the credentials for the account.
Every time I starts Mailspring I need to set again the passwords for IMAP and SMTP

I’m using version 1.9.1-30ef802f

I also get this bug, but more often when I have multiple accounts. I’m using latest 1.10.3 version of Mailspring. Usually 1 or 2 out of 4 accounts lose their passwords or they get wrong password.

Is there a solution to this bug?

I have 4 IMAP accounts, all on same server but two different domains.

I posted here:

It looks like the problem is related to mailspring syncing our accounts? When I deleted my mailspring account, the problem stopped. I also inspected the account settings page and confirmed it was resetting to an old password.

I’m a bit concerned because, supposedly, account passwords are not synced. Clearly, they are.

I have the same issue.
It request me all day my password, and i have that have saved my old password and o remove completly the mailspring app and the issue com back.

There are any way to FIX it?

From what I can tell, there’s nothing we can do on our end. Mailspring supposedly doesn’t sync passwords according to their own posts on the forums addressing privacy concerns. So even by acknowledging this bug, they will admit that they lied and do actually store the passwords on their servers. I just quit using the app and went back to Postbox. This issue has been around for nearly a year now, I don’t think anyone cares.

I run my own mail servers and I could tell it was attempting to login using an old password that only started getting used when I connected my mailspring account. What a joke.

I think this is a keytar issue specifically for Windows[ref]. Is anyone, who’s reporting this issue, not on Windows?

Just to reassure: I’ve been working on the code and I can’t see any way that passwords are sent to mailspring servers, they are stripped from the account JSON before saving.

I managed to find a solution for one individual having this issue. Hopefully, it will help those here:

1. Completely quit Mailspring (Ctrl + Q OR open the many and click Quit)
  2. Search for Windows Credential Manager
  3. Find the one titled Mailspring/Mailspring Keys and click the drop down
  4. Click Remove and Okay in the warning pop-up
  5. Re-open Mailspring and re-authenticate the account