Saving or download attachment hangs entire App

Description

I try to download or save an attachment within a mail (no matter which mail or filetype), the file selector dialogue does not popup, the entire app (Mailspring) stalls, no response to click anywhere; I have to kill the process via xkill.

My suspicion is, that the last Save As location no longer exists (e.g. a previously mounted disk), it tries to scan a folder which is gone. I have 4 disks mounted, two are local (SSD & HDD) and two are remote via NFS, a week ago I had to replace a remote disk, and change its name and thereby the mounting path.

Setup

• OS and Version: Ubuntu Linux 20.04 LTS
    • Installation Method: snapcraft
  • Mailspring Version: 1.10.5-1ce06f18 (please make it so we can copy/paste it, right now I click on “Help” the version does popup, but the moment I go into this browser window to type it in it disappears - single focus of mouse hides the popup)

Update: after I rebooted (after upgrading kernel and required reboot Ubuntu 20.04 LTS), the Save As and Open of attachments works again. I reboot rarely, once in in 6-8 weeks as I have a complex desktop setup when I work on it.