Search function not working correctly

I have a GMail account on my Mailspring.

I notice that when I run a “search” inside Mailspring, I cannot find the results that I’m looking for and have to resort to gmail.com to find the date of the email I’m looking for and then go back to Mailspring to continue the thread (so that I can use the mail receipt tracking features). From what I understand in some responses in the community, it only caches mail for searching once you read through the email… however I don’t find that to be the case, even if I use Gmail-style queries.

How can I cache all emails so that it is searchable?

Thanks!

4 Likes

I also have the same problem. Any news on this?
Without search on my gmails account it’s hard to justify paying for the product, unfortunately.

3 Likes

I continue to run into the same issue. I’ve reset cache on numerous occasions, but the search can never find the emails I need to locate so I always have to revert to using the actual email provider.

Is there something we can try to get it to work better? Not sure if it’s a setting on my side?

Same issue here. Search doesn’t go back far enough, and there doesn’t seem to be any setting to adjust the amount of email being cached locally.

I am having the same issue. I look for an email I know for a fact I sent and it doesn’t locate it. I then have to log into google to find it. I’m running the latest version too. Do we have an update on this yet?

I have the same problem over a year later. Any progress on this? Or tips on how to fix? This happens with very recent emails, not just older ones.