Sending e-mail with attachments generates error: "Sorry, Mailspring was unable to deliver this message. Connection error - unable to connect to the server / port you provided"

Description

Currently using IMAP configuration without SSL. Sending and receiving e-mail is working fine except when I’m trying to send an e-mail with any attachment (no matter the format or size). I receive the following error:

Sorry, Mailspring was unable to deliver this message. Connection error - unable to connect to the server / port you provided

Setup

• OS and Version: Windows 10 Home
  • Mailspring Version: 1.6.3-134a0e55

Additional Context

Using own domains. Works fine on alternative software.

(Originally posted by coldpumpkin on GitHub.)

Same here!! Excellent email client but this problem is a huge turn down, I cant use a email client that can’t send attachments.

Version 1.7.2-4522b259.

(Originally posted by Fregaa on GitHub.)

I have the same issue!
Version 1.7.8-13635bcf

(Originally posted by marianarita on GitHub.)

I had the exact same problem. I managed to fix it (fingers crossed) by going into Preferences, Accounts, Update Connection Settings, and trying different port numbers for the Outgoing (SMTP) port. You may want to search online for all possible ports that your e-mail providers uses. This is the reference I used. It was port 25 that worked for me in the end. Strangely, I’m sure that was what I was trying to use to begin with. Perhaps just the act of trying the alternative ports gave it the nudge it needed!

Edit: I report that sadly, a few days later, the error has returned!

(Originally posted by PTSTUDIOS on GitHub.)

Duplicates:

Hello Fregaa,

This sounds very similar to what I am getting; see post: Undefined Error - #2 by CodeMouse92